Perverts and Pirates

Ok, the debate over whether or not you should download and fan scans made has been talked about many times.๐Ÿ˜ž

Most users want to view hentai without paying any fees. Most people don’t want to spend extra time fussing over porn. They just want to fap, get the goods, get it done, move on with life.๐Ÿ˜ŠWhatever easy, whatever is best.

I think that piracy becomes the optimal choice for a consumer when s/he has to jump through fewer hoops to get what they want than by other means.๐Ÿ˜‹no brainer

Does anyone feel these sites are unethical? (If you are a deep fan,then the obvious answer is,yesโœŒ)

I guess the question would be is it alright to share something that isn’t a licensed product to begin with?

On one hand, doujinshi artists work hard on their product, and they’re not giving the stuff away free. But by the same token, I don’t think most doujinshi artists are trying to make money, anymore than an AMV maker is.๐Ÿ˜›

If anything, doujinshi artists probably take a loss on their product. It seems like they do it so that other fans can enjoy their work and in most case to get they work out,so they can be hired by running companies.

If that’s the case, then online scans of their work probably wouldn’t bother them. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

What does everyone else think? Is it okay to share your doujin collection with the rest of the world? Or is this another gray area?

First off, I think it’s wrong to use someone else’swork and profit off it.I think it’s alright to post it up online though as long as credit goes tothe original author/artist.๐Ÿ˜‰

Go ahead and write/draw your story,but if it based on another manga-ka’s work, you shouldn’t expect any profit from it and you should let everyone know who the originator is.๐Ÿ‘ฎ

With doujinshi,a common misconception would be the gray area of legality/ethics,๐Ÿ˜ฅ I think it’s really tough to say.

But I do agree that the artists probably are creating for love of what they do, rather than a profit most anyway, so I would think atleast some of them would rather reach a larger audience, as long as they were still credited for the doujinshi.๐Ÿ˜†

Dormcat suggest this

1. because 90% doujinshi chose to parody on existing characters of popular titles to make themselves more identifiable and attractive. The remaining 10% contains completely original characters, like those created by Kaoru Mori.

2. If you check websites of some commercial products (particularly those of bishoujo games, a common subjectof parody doujinshi), often you’ll find a section called”secondary creation (ไบŒๆฌกๅ‰ตไฝœ),” defining “fair uses” for doujinshi creators.

3. Many commercial manga-ka, especially those who emerged from doujinshi artists, continue drawing doujinshi in their free time and sell them at Comiket or other conventions.

This way they could draw whatever and however they want to, without restriction and supervision from managing editors. Those who I can think of right now include (but not limited to)Yoshitoshi ABe,Masayuki Takano,Yu Aida,Keitaro Arima, etc.

4. As long as the doujinshi fits within the “secondary creation” regulations, the copyright of that doujinshi belongs to the doujinshi artist, and whether s/he is willing to have it publicized over the Internet is solely based upon his/her judgement.

For example,Crazy Clover Club, one of my favorite doujinshi artist, had put a chapter of his Gun parade March parody on his website(but I can’t find it now…probablygot removed). Some doujinshiare net manga in the first place, such as Battle Nekomimi AngelNyano-chan.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s